HealthMate Plus Junior Portable Air Cleaner
Change the Way You Breathe for the Better:
The Austin Air HealthMate Plus Jr. provides the same advanced, rigorously tested filtration system of the HealthMate Plus in a smaller package. Less capacity but equal effectiveness, the HealthMate Plus Jr. is designed for areas up to 700 ft., consuming, cleaning, and recirculating the air twice in 1 hour. All this, and the unit occupies 1 square foot of space and weighs less than 20 lbs.
Filter life remains an impressive 5-years backed by warranty, and it's always worth mentioning the company designs and builds these systems in Buffalo, New York.
HealthMate Plus air cleaners build in an added measure of protection against harmful airborne pollutants. The Activated Carbon/Zeolite layer found in the HealthMate Standard is impregnated with Potassium Iodide with the particular aim to provide relief to those with formaldehyde sensitivities. More generally, this feature further reduces the concentration of chemical vapors in the air you breathe, providing yet another level of potential health benefit to you and your family.
In the days following 9/11, FEMA and The Red Cross turned to Austin Air to address serious air quality concerns, subsequent to extensive testing by Battelle Laboratories and the Army Corps of Engineers.
Austin Air products are manufactured in Buffalo, New York.
Please see the attached form for a comprehensive guide to the odors, gases, vapors, and fumes removed by Austin Air filters.
• Mold, Mildew, and Fungi
• Asthma triggering irritants
• Germs, Viruses, and Bacteria
• Chemicals, Gases, and Odors
360° Progressive Filtering System:
• Stage 1: Large Particle Pre-Filter removes visible particles such as dust and pet dander
• Stage 2: Medium Particle Pre-Filter removes small particles like mold, spores, and pollen
• Stage 3: 6.5 lbs. of Activated Carbon/Zeolite Blend impregnated with Potassium Iodide provides enhanced capacity to remove chemicals vapors such as formaldehyde, sulfuric acid, and ammonia
• Stage 4: 30 sq. ft. of true medical-grade HEPA paper (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) removes 99.97% of bacteria, viruses, and other micro-organisms larger than 0.3 microns
What is Zeolite? This nifty sounding substance is used in most of Austin Air's proprietary filters. Zeolite is an adsorbent, part of a family of naturally occurring minerals that can eliminate various chemical substances in solid or vapor form. Also used in water purification systems, (they are very good at removing calcium from water), zeolites are produced synthetically for applications such as these in-home air cleaners, mostly to ensure the purity of the substance.
• Height: 16.5 inches
• Footprint: 11 x 11 inches
• Weight: 18 lbs.
• 22 gauge steel
• Powder coated finish
• 360° intake
• Available in 5 colors: Black, Midnight Blue, Sandstone, Silver, and White
Directional Air Flow:
• Direct air into an area where you sit, stand, or sleep to create a clean breathing zone in 15 seconds flat.
Fan & Motor Assembly:
• 3-speed centrifugal fan with control switch
• PSC motor (Permanent Split-Capacitor, alternating current)
• Power rating of 1.2 amp, 120 volts
• Draws 82 watts at highest setting
• Approved by NRTL (National Recognized Testing Laboratories), CSA (Canadian Standards Association), and CE (European Conformity)
• 5-year mechanical warranty on materials and craftsmanship
• 5-year pro-rated filter warranty, far exceeds industry standards
• 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee
We offer free shipping on Austin Air air cleaners.