Bedroom Machine Portable Air Cleaner
Breathe Better, Sleep Better:
Partnered with the National Sleep Foundation, Austin Air has developed a sophisticated filter aimed at meeting requirements set out by the Johns Hopkins University for the capture of gasses and submicron particles. The Bedroom Machine uses a 5-stage filter including a blend of medical-grade HEPA paper (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) and HEGA Carbon Cloth (High-Efficiency Gas Arrestance) to remove allergens, chemical vapors, bacteria, and viruses from the air you breathe. In your home, the high-capacity Bedroom Machine is rated for use in areas as large as 1,500 sq. ft., and performs efficiently enough to clean the air in an averaged size room with the door closed in 15 minutes.
Better sleep begins with comfort. The Bedroom Machine allows for the cleanest possible sleeping environment so you can enjoy a night's rest that is not only longer, but healthier. By removing airborne pollutants while you sleep, your body's immune system receives the chance to repair and recharge itself in a clean, fresh environment. Simply put, better sleep at night results in better health the next day.
In the days following 9/11, FEMA and The Red Cross turned to Austin Air to address serious air quality concerns, subsequent to extensive testing by Battelle Laboratories and the Army Corps of Engineers.
Austin Air products are manufactured in Buffalo, New York.
Please see the attached form for a comprehensive guide to the odors, gases, vapors, and fumes removed by Austin Air filters.
• Mold, Mildew, and Fungi
• Asthma triggering irritants
• Germs, Viruses, and Bacteria
• Chemicals, Gases, and Odors
360° Progressive Filtering System:
• Stage 1: Large Particle Pre-Filter removes visible particles such as dust and pet dander
• Stage 2: Medium Particle Pre-Filter removes small particles like mold, spores, and pollen
• Stage 3: 15 lbs. of Activated Carbon/Zeolite Blend removes chemicals such as sulfuric acid and ammonia
• Stage 4: 60 sq. ft. of true medical-grade HEPA paper (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) removes 99.97% of bacteria, viruses, and other micro-organisms larger than 0.3 microns
• Stage 5: HEGA Carbon Cloth (High-Efficiency Gas Arrestance) removes even more gases and submicron particles
What is Zeolite? This nifty sounding substance is used in most of Austin Air's proprietary filters. Zeolite is an adsorbent, part of a family of naturally occurring minerals that can eliminate various chemical substances in solid or vapor form. Also used in water purification systems, (they are very good at removing calcium from water), zeolites are produced synthetically for applications such as these in-home air cleaners, mostly to ensure the purity of the substance.
• Height: 23 inches
• Footprint: 14.5 x 14.5 inches
• Weight: 45 lbs.
• 22 gauge steel
• Powder coated finish
• 360° intake
• Available in 5 colors: Black, Midnight Blue, Sandstone, Silver, and White
Directional Air Flow:
• Direct air into an area where you sit, stand, or sleep to create a clean breathing zone in 15 seconds flat.
Fan & Motor Assembly:
• 3-speed centrifugal fan with control switch
• PSC motor (Permanent Split-Capacitor, alternating current)
• Power rating of 1.2 amp, 120 volts
• Draws 147 watts at highest setting
• Approved by NRTL (National Recognized Testing Laboratories), CSA (Canadian Standards Association), and CE (European Conformity)
• 5-year mechanical warranty on materials and craftsmanship
• 5-year pro-rated filter warranty, far exceeds industry standards
• 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee
We offer free shipping on Austin Air air cleaners.